STDFriends is a dating and networking site that caters for those living with herpes, HPV, HIV or AIDS among other STD conditions. The site allows those that have been diagnosed with these ailments to get out of their dating and love slump. Many people that are diagnosed with these conditions tend to go into hiding from shame, embarrassment and humiliation which can unfortunately lead to depression which can even lead to suicide. STDFriends is a site that will connect you to people going through the same thing and this will give you hope and motivation and even get you a host of new friends or potential partner.
- 1 month for $19.95
- 3 months for $34.95
- 12 months for $79.9
- When you visit STD friends, you will see that it is a simple and soft-colored site where you get the chance to register on the site. The site gives you a chance to connect or register via Facebook which means that your friends can see what you are up to and you can get a chance to connect with even more like-minded people who are on Facebook.
- You will see at the bottom of the page that you can download a Play Store Google App to enjoy this site from your mobile phone.
- Aside from the registration form, you will notice that the site has blog and article pages which allow dating and networking members to share their thoughts through the blog. On the blog page, there is a sidebar that shows short messages from members who are looking for love or companionship.
- When it comes to the article page, you will find articles that talk about STDs, how to manage them and how to live positively when you have been diagnosed. This is a page where you can find out the latest information about advancements and developments in medicine pertaining to STD treatment and prevention.
- Aside from this, there is a chat, forum and gallery that you can further connect with members.
- The site gives you a chance to “wink” at potential partners to show them that you are interested in them.
- In addition, you can view other member posts and blogs to get a better idea of who they are.
- The MP3 and video player and recorder on the site gives you a chance to record audio and video blogs and clips to introduce yourself and document yourself.
This site has over 42,000 members and gets between 100 and 200 new members monthly. The site allows non-members to peruse the site and see some of the profiles, hidden picture or not. It also allows third party sites such as Facebook and Google services to gain access to your information. This may pose as a security issue for those looking for a place they can be themselves and be comfortable. Aside from this situation, this site is a great option for those suffering and living with STDs who are looking for love, companionship and networking opportunities without fear of being judged.