PositiveSingles launched in 2001, the self-described #1 dating and support site for adults with Herpes, HPV, HIV, etc. PositiveSingles boasts a very large membership base consisting of more than 959,200 people who have STDs of all types. Since the website came into being, it has helped more than 60,000 of their members find soulmates. One feature in particular, the “live counselor” was awarded the Best New Dating Feature by iDate 2014. The site itself has been noted for being simple to navigate as well as offering a completely safe, anonymous way for its members to meet others who have STDs.
Standard Member: Free
- 6 months (about $15.95 / month) Billed in 1 EASY Payment of $95.95
- 3 months (about $19.95 / month) Billed in 1 EASY Payment of $59.95
- 1 month (about $1.00 per day) Billed in 1 EASY Payment of $29.95
Payments can be made using credit, debit, charge and check cards, paypal, a bank check or money order by postal mail.
Standard member can use these features for free:
- Post lifetime profile and add up to 26 photos
- Verify (photo, age, income…)
- Post your own first date ideas and view others’
- Quick search by Countries / Province / Age / Gender / Username, etc.
- Initiate sending free winks and reply to emails
- Send birthday / greeting cards
- Ask support by live chat
- STD inspirational stories (1,400+)
- STD treatment stories (500+)
- STD care locations (900+)
- STD legal information
Full features for gold members:
- Upload and maintain a private album
- Manage profile / photo privacy setting / scan photos
- Get highlighted as a featured member and show up at the very top in searches
- Advanced search by City / Postal Code / Living with (by types of STDs) / New / Verified / Recommended / Gold members, etc.
- View compatible matches / Reverse matches
- View who is interested in me / viewed me
- View last login time
- Initiate sending emails / chatting online
- Ask dating advisor by email and live chat
- Respond to others’ first date ideas / status
- Email / Wink filter settings
- Check if sent mail is read on site
- “Quick Exit” button redirects you to another site quickly to ensure your privacy
- STD Q & A (live counselor)
- Successful dating advice and safety tips (1,300+)
- Receive priority customer care
- Have your own account manager to enjoy more personalized services.
- 40+ features……
All members enjoy 24/7 customer support services via phone and instant chat. Plus, those who are Gold Members have access to a myriad of other features as well that includes advanced search methods, assistance from STD counselors and dating advisors, a “Quick Exit” button that helps ensure privacy, and know who has viewed their profile and who finds them interesting.
The reviews of the Positive Singles site has been almost universally positive and the comments from members have been equally glowing as well. With no annoying advertisements or banners and being able to place free personal ads, Positive Singles creates a welcoming experience from the very first visit.
The site itself was created in 2001 to address an important need for those who current suffer from STDs to actually find others with similar conditions. The result has been an overwhelmingly positive experience that protects the privacy of the individual while allowing people to meet, chat and make arrangements with each other to date.
The website itself is remarkably similar in structure to many other classic dating sites, but its emphasis on privacy combined with simple navigation that makes it easy to update your profile, engage in blogging and forum chatting and much, much more has helped Positive Singles truly stand out. For those who may be suffering from STDs and are looking for a soulmate or just someone to spend time with, Positive Singles is simply one of the best dating sites you can find.